The post highlights details from the interesting white paper “Managing your digital identity – Digital footprints and identities research Short Report 1.”
They suggest the following strategies to help take control of your online identity:
1. Conduct a personal identity audit to understand:
- who the information is shared with
- what the information will be used for
- whether the personal data is discarded once it is not required
- if the personal information has commercial value, is the trade-off worth it?
2. Use privacy enhancing tools.
3. Be informed about how to protect your digital privacy.
One place to start that is Follr. Create your Profile Website today by clicking here.